side effects.
Wednesday, May 13, 2009 at 2:16 PM
I was a girl, you was a
"man", I was
too young to
understand.
I was naive, I just believed everything that you told me.Said you were
strong,
protecting me.
Then I found out that
you were weak.
Keepin' me there
under your thumb cause you were
scared.
That I'd become
much more than you can
handle.
Shining like a chandelier that decorated every room inside,
the
private hell we built and I dealt with it.Like a kid, I wished I could fly away.But instead, I kept my tears
inside cause
I knew.
If I started,
I'd keep crying for the rest of my life with you.
I finally built up the strength to walk away.Don't regret it but I still live with the side effects.Waking up scared some nights, still dreaming 'bout them violent times.
Still little protective 'bout the people I let inside. Still little defensive thinkin' 'bout me tryin' to run my life. Still little depressed inside, I fake a smile and deal with the side effects.Vacant inside,
no one was there.
Couldn't be real, had to keep quiet.Once in a while,
put up a fight.
It's just too much, night after night.After a while I would just
lie,
you was
dead wrong, said you were
right.
Did what I could just to survive, couldn't believe this was my life.
Flickering like a candle, doin' my best to handle sleeping with the enemy.
Aware that he was smothering every last part of me.So I broke away and
finally found the strength to leave.